Monday, January 25, 2010

1/25/2010

I did a lot of reading over the weekend and revamped my training a bit.  Today I did a half mile run followed by a 1 minute walk at a quick pace.  RoadrunnerGPS software allows me to schedule this and gives me an audible beep.  I did that 4 times until i was done with my 2.18 mile run.  I also slowed down a bit, it seems my average speed used to be about 5.3 mph with a majority of that over 6 mph but i brought the average down to 5 mph while trying to  keep my max speed under 6 mph.  This was a much easier run, i wasn't as exhausted while running and was able to do the whole thing without additional breaks.  When i got home i was tired but not dead like I've been.  I'm sure it's a combination of the slower pace forced walk/rest and my body finally getting stronger but who cares because it actually made it fun and if it isn't fun i won't be able to finish it.  I'm going to start adding some more distance to my runs trying to get to at least 3miles (like a 5K) or so.  Speaking of 5k's i think i need a short term goal so I'm looking for a close 5k in the end a February or beginning of March.


http://roadrunnergps.com/gps/shared/JJJJJkmF

2.19 miles (not sure why it's different) @ 26.30 = 12.05 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment