Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day one-ish

Ok, well not really but I had to start somewhere.

First let me just say I am not a writer and this blog is mostly just "stream of conscience" writing if i have time and feel like it, or my wife gets tired of my grammatical errors, I'll go back and clean it up but for now it is just my way of tracking myself along this journey.
After spending the first forty years of my life mostly sedentary I have decided not to do that with my next forty, or at least this next year to start. I have decided to run in the 2010 Denver Marathon which is October 17th, my wedding anniversary of course. I think this will give me enough time to get into shape, since i am not a runner. There is a Half-marathon in April that's I'd like to get ready for too, almost as a first goal but before that I'd like to find a 5k maybe in February and 10k maybe in March.

Recent health based achievements
August 24th = Quit smoking
December 01 = Stated EA Sports Active 30 Day challenge.
January 9th 2010 = Finished 30 challenge (the holidays messed me up here)

T-279 days until the Denver Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment