Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 2

I took yesterday as a rest day and boy did i need it, i even took a 2 hour nap. Today i was still a little achy but I figured I'd just run through it. The running was ok on my body, I was surprised how resilient my legs actually were but lungs are having a hard time adjusting. It's either the new altitude, i've only live at 4000 feet for about 5 months or the years of smoking but probably a bit of both. I know it's only been two days but i need them to catch up. I'm assuming like every other muscle the more I work them the stronger they will become yet I was still able to shave about a minute off my total time.
The Denver Marathon registration opened yesterday and i have decide to hold off signing up. I have had a history of knee problems and wanted to give myself a few weeks running on pavement before i commit to anything since the registration fee is non-refundable.

2.33 miles in 25.39minutes about 11min/mile pace

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I didn't know you were doing this. I think it's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome - are you using a formal training plan or just winging it? In 2007, I went from nothing to running a half marathon in June, so hit me up if you want advice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lauren - I wasn't telling anyone until i was more certain i could actually do it, but oh well.

    @Tracey - Right now i'm just winging it. Once i can run 3 miles without walking i might look into a more formal plan, there are a ton out there.

    ReplyDelete