Monday, February 15, 2010

02/15/2010

I just realized it has been just over on month before i started this..wow.  I can really tell I've become a stronger runner but i feel i have so far to go still it becomes daunting.  Sometimes i think, With about 247 days left until Denver I'm not sure if I'll progress fast enough but then i just have to remember I've only been doing this for about one month and I'm getting stronger and faster as the days progress.  I'm still shooting for my initial goal of the 5k for St. Patrick's day.  That's only a month away and I'll need to kick up my training not that I'll even think I'll win i just don't want it to take more then 30 minutes.  But i need to get some practice races in before the big day.
Today a had a good run.  I reversed my route again and had a really strong start.  Since it's all downhill at the beginning I find it a good warm up if i don't go too fast.  I was able to go about 1.2 miles before my first walk and that was only after a steep hill.  I made the next  miles or so and walked after my next big hill.  I think it took more out of me then expected besause i had a hard time keepining it up the last mile.  When i got a few block away i felt really tired but like the treadmill the other i just went a little faster mostly in an effort to just get home and be done today.  Overall I was running faster today, i could feel it and the times show it too.

http://roadrunnergps.com/gps/shared/Y6tK

3.11 miles ( lost .01 miles somewhere) in 35.51 minutes = 11.30 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment